Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Few Notes

Those who read my blog may wonder what happened to me this month!

It's not that I haven't wanted to post something, but I like to be upbeat and this month I have been dealing with the health and mental health issues of a dear family member who is recovering from a serious surgery in St. Paul's Hospital.

This has put a serious dent in my "up-beatness" and left me feeling depleted.

A couple of my co-workers have teased me good-naturedly, asking if I am grumpy today or mimicking my facial expressions.

So those of you at work, if you sometimes see a rather grim faced co-worker sitting there staring off into space, know that this is not vacant staring but me trying to gather the strength and energy I need through a form of simple breathing meditation.

I have practised this for over 40 years now, but in times of stress, the focus is sometimes a little more obvious.

Enough said about this for now!

I am so very grateful for the return of the warmer weather, and have been lucky to have sunshine on my recent days off.

It is Saturday morning, mid-week for me, and as I sit at my computer, sip my self-alloted cup and half of brewed coffee and chew on my walnut-halves and banana daily energy snack, I give thanks for the prayers, comments and support of my family and friends.

I also give thanks for the staff and support at St. Paul's Hospital...what a loss to this neighborhood it would be if that hospital were to close.

Just the other day now, they saved the life of someone I love.

No comments: