Saturday, September 22, 2007

Light the Night

I received a call from my daughter Chaya yesterday asking me to look over her fundraiser letter which she then forwarded by email. I forwarded Chaya’s “Light the Night” fundraiser letter to all on my email list. Here is the text:

Hello,

On October 13th I will be walking 5 k in the Vancouver Light the Night fundraiser. This is a very special event to me as the goal of Light the Night is to raise money for better treatment, support and awareness of people living with blood cancer.

Last year on October 13th I finished my 8 months of treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a type of blood cancer, and the day after my last treatment I was able to do this same 5 k walk. This year feels very momentous as it signifies the one year mark of my health and new life.

My team's name is Chaya's Angels and our team goal is to raise $5000 for this event.

Please visit the link below to sponsor my team for this worthy cause. Any donation made over $10 will automatically be sent a tax receipt.

Thanks for your support,
Chaya


http://www.active.com/donate/ltnvan/2103_ckatrenskyLTN

Since both of us along with my oldest son have been diagnosed with this type of cancer, it was a no-brainer to do more than check the text. I clicked on the link to make my donation.

To my surprise, everything worked like clockwork. Usually when I try these things there is some sort of hang up or delays in the system and I can’t complete the form or I get an error message.

So that’s a good sign and I am rooting for my daughter’s team to make their quota.

Go Chaya’s Angels!

No comments: