Friday, March 21, 2008

My Future Home?

It is the second day of spring, Friday morning and I am preparing for work.

This morning when I looked out the window there was a gorgeous mix of heavy, rich dark cloud and brilliant sunlight spilling into it from the east. It is still cold though, and it rained again last night.

Yesterday I went back to work for the first day of my work week and it was my friend and supervisor Luella’s final shift. The office celebrated with a pizza lunch. There were lots of parting gifts and my contribution was a book by celebrated author Eckhart Tolle.

Danny in our our GDS department gave her a scrap book in Leopard skin print binding (matching her favorite neck scarf) which was professionally printed and included notes from everyone in the office (including a few who are no longer with Coast), some printed up and lots of memorable staff photos, many taken at events out of the office. There was also a matching suitcase/totebag to haul away her gifts.

When Luella left she gave everyone huge hugs and cried copiously. I did everything I could think of to dry the flood, but it was like trying to hold her back the day she went after Danny at GM Place (after he accidentally ? spilled water on her head).

She has been in the office since day 1 when I started 6 years ago and it is the end of an era for CRES for sure. I will surely miss her presence as her gentle spirit and welcome smile was a balm to me, and her willingness to listen to my problems (when I needed to vent) was a huge stress reliever.

During the lunch gathering my friend Danny (the EDS guy) suggested we go for dinner, to talk about the website. He has gifted me with my own domain name which we have called Eagalic Music after my as-yet-unpublished autobiography. It has been too busy at work to find the time but yesterday he asked if I had ever had Hot Pot, and when I said no he suggested a place on Broadway near Burrard. We may go this Tuesday after his work shift.

I was thinking about the content and there is absolutely no reason I have to put up the chapters of my book only and exactly as written. I could put up samples, or new stuff or even music samples…some of the stuff that is home recorded that I put on CD for Chaya and a few others.

There's tons of stuff including photos from over the years.

I am doing a lot of thinking about having my own domain website up and running. It is interesting that I am feeling such hesitancy around getting started. It is almost as though there is so much to accomplish and I feel don’t have the energy and tools. But in Danny, I have a willing friend who is ready to begin the challenge.

These gifts in life can’t be accidental and time is wasting if I sit and shuffle my feet and do nothing about it.

I have a chance to do something beautiful again, and I am going to give it my all. It could very well be that when all is said and done, Eagalic Music will be my future home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Baba

Sorry to hear that your good friend and colleague is moving on --losses are always hard --I have found somehow that the important people in my life keep turning up in different ways. But the moment when they leave is difficult none the less.

I hope you do find a way of bringing forth this important website, for you and for so many others whom neither of us may even meet. I often feel that the work you have done needs to be
shared. I am sure many appreciate and will continue to appreciate your words and knowledge.

I recently picked up the new book by Eckhart Tolle in spite my protestations that I know it all already. hahah as if. I also picked up the Third Jesus by Deepak Chopra this week. I need to keep hearing the messages in words that remind me of what is true. The Third Jesus reminds me of the hope that the idea of Jesus generated in my mind when I was young. I have never quite been able to release that image of the totally loving older brother that somehow
came to me through the gospels.

Not many men in my life could live up to that ideal, and I finally gave up looking for HIM in men (just a week ago or so) --no just kidding. I see aspects of Jesus of my ideal in so many people and places. Some are stronger than others.

I no longer really think of it as Jesus but as light , love or some other more abstract
concept. But I do recognize this energy and have always done so in you.