Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Eagalic Music Dot Com

Yesterday was one of those rain-soaked, chilly, and gray Vancouver days where you just want to stay indoors.

Chaya came over just before noon yesterday, braving the rain on her new bike and flush from her hot yoga class. We had agreed to going for lunch and so we hiked up to English Bay along Harwood Street.

We settled for falafel on Denman and shared a single portion, as I am never very hungry at noon.

She gave me the lowdown on her recent cruise to Alaska, showed me pictures and shared more bad tidings in regard to Kadir cutting classes and possibly having to go to summer school this year to catch up. She also hinted that something good was up with Ky but that he wanted to tell me himself.

We parted at Denman and Davie, she to take the seawall ride home and me to a haircut and then shopping at Safeway.

I didn’t get to my email until later but when I did there was a note from Ky telling me that the company he works for a very successful local venture is sending him to New York for a month as a cafĂ© consultant. They want him to train a manager for them and to help implement structure in line with and up to the standards of the local venues.

I could not be happier for him and no one deserves this chance more than he does as he has worked incredibly hard starting back in grade 10, balancing school and work to pay his own way.

He let me know he has been missing my blog lately and so I told him that I have been working on editing and posting chapters of my book on my new website which is still under development.

For those of you who might want to check progress, visit:

http://www.eagalicmusic.com/

No comments: