Thursday, July 30, 2009

The hottest day EVER!

The last time I remember being this hot was on my return from India in 1986…it was 40 degrees in Athens and I could barely breathe.

Yesterday was the hottest July 29th EVER in downtown Vancouver, and although it was only 32.9 degrees, it felt much hotter. After all, this is Vancouver and I live near the water!

I tried a walk in the later morning, heading up to the Pacific Centre Mall which I knew was air conditioned. It was like walking into a fridge after the heat of the street.

I'd proceeded there earlier at a snail’s pace along the sidewalk and stopping to test my blood pressure at the Burrard Clinic was not surprised to see it had returned to high/normal.

I think the heat opened up all my veins allowing a pure free flow. But man, did it slow me down!

Global warming...what global warming?

No comments: