Friday, December 11, 2009

The Return of KyQuixote

It is Friday morning and very cold and grey outside, but so far no snow to be seen. What a difference in energy from yesterday when I was up an hour early and not sure whether Ky would be here on time.

He rang my buzzer at a few minutes past 10 respectably prompt and I was greeted by a tenderly bearded young rabbinical student (he looks so very Jewish complete with pronounced nose) in black shirt and tie, carrying the usual computer case and Nikon camera.

His facial hair has got much darker as has the hair on his arms, and he is showing more signs of budding manliness.

We got right down to talking. He is planning on staying here for a few weeks, working at 49th Parallel over the busy holiday season and then heading on to New York to continue his learning and travel curve. He told me that staying here in Vancouver right now would seem like going backwards. I understand only too well what he means.

He said he visited many of the places in India where his mom and I visited with the girls and got a thrill at standing in the same spots he’d only seen in pictures.

Our visit was very brief as I was getting ready for work but he doesn't leave until early January so we have a lot more time to catch up.

Nika is taking him and his brother up to visit Chaya in Whistler this weekend where they will go snowboarding and all of the siblings will have a chance to bond again.

The weather is co-operating too as there is a new snowfall forecast for this weekend.

It should be a picture perfect Whistler pre-Olympic getaway!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear that you got to see your boy. Amazing isn't it, how they grow! Absence reveals many things that go unnoticed when they live nearby. So many things about Ky remind me of you.

Life just keeps on turning around.
What a wonderful spot for a sibling reunion-Whistler--I am sure they will all have a blast.

I will keep them in a blessed spot in my mind.

Love,
Marilyn