Sunday, December 17, 2006

"Good Vibrations"

It is Sunday morning and I am slowly getting ready for work.

The big snow and wind that was forecast hit Vancouver Island and some of the lower mainland but in the Greater Vancouver area only the wind arrived, doing some major damage to the trees in Stanley Park, which is now closed to all traffic (including pedestrians) until further notice.

In all my years here, since 1970, I can't remember this ever happening.

After having to boil water a few weeks ago, having power when others were losing it all around the city, made me even more grateful for things we take for granted.

The roller coaster of domestic problems continued into this week and had me praying more than ever that they would be solved before we entered fully into the holiday season. It seems my prayers have been temporarily answered although last night the problems re-visited me multiplied a hundred-fold in my dreams.

A friend of mine suggested the other day, "Where there is family, there is problems", and that is an important reminder that this is another area where we can easily assume things, or take things for granted. When I was single (way back in the Stone Age) I only had my own problems but now I have to bear the difficulties of all my family members with them, there is no choice in the matter!

Along with other areas of changes in my life, I've added the routine of morning prayer after my physical exercises, and during this prayer I try to include the names of all family members and any friends or acquaintances who are having difficulties, and in this way hopefully adding to the volume of "good vibrations" spreading around the planet.

It seems to me that I need to learn more about and then activate the simple human act of bestowing blessing, which of course doesn't come from us, but moves through us from the Source of everything that is!

I can feel prayer as a really "good vibration" that moves through me and heals me too before I begin to breathe it outward.

And I thank God (and of course Brian Wilson) for these good vibrations.

No comments: