Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cardiac Echo Pin-Up Guy!

I woke around 6:40 a.m. nicely beating my alarm which was set for 7. I have a much better day if I don't wake up artificially.

I stepped out of bed certain that my balance would be more stable today, but as soon as I stood up I lurched sideways and had to grab for support. Ah well, I guess these things take time.

I began preparing for an early morning visit to the Cardiac Echo Lab at St. Paul’s, but although I planned to wait until afterwards to have breakfast I still managed my exercises and prayers beforehand.

I have a lot to be thankful for!

I dressed, grabbed my cane and wobbled up Mr. Magoo style (Waldo, is that you?) to Saint Paul's, taking my time.

They took the scheduled heart ultrasound at 8:15 a.m. It was one of the rare instances where a hospital exam took place without the wait. I guess in this type of test, any stress caused by waiting would affect the results.

The young technician had me take my shirt off, asked if I had any health problems and when I told her lymphoma she asked if I had lost weight.

“Ghastly isn’t it?” I quipped in re my skin and bones physique...and then I assured her I had always been this thin.

The good news was that my heart is in such good shape she wanted extra shots of it.

She told me the muscle and shape of my heart was near perfect.

“I don’t usually take this long” she gushed, “but I wanted to get more pictures.”

Who needs big biceps and a 6-pack?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahah Baba --love your cardio story...

a few years ago I went for a bone density test and the technician just couldn't resist telling me "You have the bones of a woman in her mid-twenties"

I blushed. "Why thank you sir!"

Somehow I am not surprised to hear about your heart. And it is about time you got some good news.

I also had to laugh about the skin and bone physique. I am still
chuckling.