Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sleeping Dragons

Today I give thanks for the gifts I have been given and continue to be given and for the health and well being of my whole family, who have survived a few years of very bad luck.

For my part I continue to tiptoe around the sleeping dragon in my life, doing what needs to be done quietly, and complaining as little as possible.

Yesterday though, I was happy to receive an email from my sister in Edmonton who remembered that I had my medical tests that day. The day earlier she had sent me a quote from the Sufi poet Hafiz to help bolster my spirits although she didn't mention the tests the next day.

Sometimes we need to talk and although I don't like to complain, I let my sister have an earful (or more accurately, an email eyeful) of my experience at St. Paul’s Hospital yesterday, something I hope to be able to leave behind me in the near future.

However, there is a Sufi story that goes something like this:

Come up with me to the rooftop
And let’s look down at the village from there.


Now show me the house
Where there are no difficulties!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

The rooftop is a good place to view things from --We are so blessed in so many ways when we choose to see those blessings. You always remind me to see the blessings baba. For this I give thanks.