Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Lord of the Rings

Yesterday I went to see my enchanting hematologist to receive the results of my tests.

I was bracing myself for possible bad news as the ultra sound probing especially had been more painful than usual and had seemed incredibly invasive this time.

She asked if there was anything that I needed to report, recent swellings, fevers, etc and I told her only that I had finally gone to see my doctor about the high blood pressure and she agreed that it was “good medicine” to try to bring the BP Level down.

When it came time for the physical however, and she took out her kit to test me, I knew it was still high, as I could “feel it” in my body. So when she laughed out loud and said, “I guess I make you nervous”, I was not surprised. It wasn’t the nervousness that increased my blood pressure, although I do get edgy in such close proximity to a beautiful woman.

However her expert probing fingers soon took the edge off my edginess and replaced that with a few painful exclamations from me as they homed in on the trouble spots.

This was not my fantasy of an intimate moment and I was relieved when the physical was over.

Back in her office we discussed the recent test details. Everything was about the same as last time and there was no evidence of a sudden surge of aggressive behaviour in the cancer, which is what they are monitoring me for.

To make a long story short, I guess the hobbit and the wizard are still on my side, the ring in safekeeping and the dragon still a-snooze.

P.S. And what was up with the Canucks offence last night? Maybe the march on ice of the US Marine Color Guard intimidated them. And what was up with that anyway?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Baba,
I am happy to hear the great news that you are alright and things are going well.Hopefully Gollum will never retrieve his precious just like in Tolkien's trilogy.
Love and Prayers
Dianne
xx/oo