Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Healing Through Diet

My sister Dianne was amused by my description of making it around Stanley Park without having to stop to use the washroom, but it is an amazing turn around for me in a short time.

She also asked me what I had changed in my diet...

I emailed her the following:

'My diet now includes a fresh salad (mixed organic greens if possible) every day (with chopped raw ginger, red pepper chopped with tomatoes and preservative free dressings), a handful of raw organic and "unsulphured" walnuts with my banana & orange juice (not from concentrate)for breakfast, lot's of whole grain brown rice with beans and carrot dinners which I cook myself.

If getting canned beans I make sure they are EDTA (preservative) free.

I have cut down my coffee to about a cup or 1 1/2 cups per day, drunk black and made with spring water...no more tap water.

This past 2 weeks I have taken time off from work and walked a whole lot each and every day. Despite my sore lower back, I push myself to do exercises each morning which include, touching toes, knee bends, sit ups and stretches."

This is my summer diet of course, and will probably change as the weather grows colder. I have more or less eliminated red meat for the time being.

What I didn't tell her was that I also have included an apple every day or so in my diet.

Sherry at work reminded me of the healthy benefits of walnuts (thanks Sherry)!

Brown rice diet stems from my study of "macrobiotics" in the 60's, after I read a book by George Oshawa called "You Are All Sanpaku". He cured himself of terminal cancer by adopting the diet of monks in a Buddhist Monastery.

Cooking one's own food is a huge step in the direction of good health, as you mix your own spiritual energy into whatever you prepare. This can include such a simple thing as preparing your own healing water...holding it up to reflect the sunlight and saying a short prayer before drinking it. (Thanks for the reminder Majid).

Those at work who remember me consuming Wendy's chili's on my dinner break every night will probably be amused, but cancer is a good stiff kick in the butt.

No comments: